Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ode to a Mac

My lovely and wonderful Macintosh Pro,
Where, oh where, oh where did you go?

Your body is here, but your spirit is gone.
You're lights have gone out like the setting of the sun.

What great times we had, you and I.
Every half hour you'd announce the time.

I'd sit and stare at your face, so bright
We never argued, nor did we fight.

When I was with you, my soul felt complete.
Now that you're gone, life isn't so sweet.

Where did you go? What happened to you?
Did you ever love me the way I loved you?

Was it ever real between you and me?
That's it, isn't it? You never loved me.
You played me, you tricked me,
You got what you wanted and left me.
And now you're free, free to be without me.
Why couldn't you tell me?

Why couldn't I see?
See between your keys.

Wake up, old friend, wake up Mac Pro.
There is so much to say, please don't go.

I'll never forget all the good times.
We worked together side by side.
But now you've gone out, like the rolling tides.

No comments: