Monday, February 25, 2008

I Wish I Could Fly Away

Dear God,

Make me a bird so I can fly far, far, far away from here.


In other news...


No, I am not going to talk about this weekend's events because I don't know if I am able to give the full account it would require. I did go and see that Jumper movie on Friday night, and it was interesting. It has caused me to think about how much I want to be a writer. I truly love the concept of writing and telling stories that involve elaborately fictional ideas and characters. I hope to post some serialized stories here soon.


In other news...


My wife and I had a wonderful time on Saturday day. We went to a bridal show as an exhibitor in order to promote Rachel's photography business that we are desperately trying to get off the ground. It seems we got some possible clients, and if nothing else, the name of Rachel Robinson will be spoken in Jacksonville, TX for at least a while. Everyone who came by the table seemed legitimately impressed with what we had to show them. Donna Cummings, who seems to be the head honcho as far as East Texas photography goes, made quite an effort to befriend Rachel. She gave some good advice and even offered to hire Rachel on contract for some of her own clients. It could be cool. It could also be laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame, but probably not.


In other news...


Democracy is still dead. It was pronounced dead when GWB was elected the second time. It is not in a coma. It is deceased. There will be no memorial, nor will there be a coffin or grave-site. It is dead, but the saddest part is that no one will even know that is dead for quite some time. I hope you will not be one of the blind fools who still believes that it is alive and well. Wake up, friends. Democracy is dead, hey, democracy is dead.

Adieu.

No comments: